Join us on Saturdays, June 9, July 7 and August 4 for a FOOD-ology Days at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History
, try NADI and enjoy demonstrations, cultural influences and special guests.
FOOD: Our Global Kitchen
On View June 9 – August 19, 2018*
Take a journey around the world and through time on an exploration of food’s history and the role it plays among cultures around the world. Stroll through an ancient market, cook a virtual meal, peek inside the dining rooms of illustrious individuals—and consider some of the most challenging issues of our time. A demonstration kitchen will allow for special programming opportunities and tasting experiences.
- A life-size re-creation of a 16th-century Aztec marketplace
- Food Ships, an interactive game that demonstrates the challenges associated with transporting items like bananas, apples, tuna, and lamb around the world
- Signature dishes from around the world and how these have evolved through generations, from Korean kimchi to Moroccan tagine
- Smelling stations featuring scents such as lemon, lavender, thyme, and fennel, vital ingredients used in everything from candies to fish dishes to potent absinthe
- Utensils and cookware from around the globe, in addition to a selection of historic, classic, and even humorous cookbooks
- An interactive cooking table, where visitors “make” famous dishes eaten around the world
FOOD: Global Kitchen is organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York (www.amnh.org
Sponsored in part by The Frances Wood Wilson Foundation and Ponce City Market.